Asking a girl out is not easy, especially for lesbians who are a little shy and don’t want to ruin the chances with what feels like the girl of their dreams. Even men find it hard to find the right words to say too. But don’t worry because most girls will give you a chance for the mere act of trying but you have to step up and be bold or you will forever wonder what if.
Below are steps and tips on how to ask a girl out, draw some courage from it and ask her out. Remember, all you have to do is relax and be yourself!
1. Approach the girl. Be yourself and say “hi” then ask a question or give a compliment. This sounds very simple but can be quite scary, especially if the girl looks unfriendly.
2. Flirt a little. Take a deep breath, relax, crack a joke or, if you have the courage, break the touch barrier.
3. Gauge her interest. Take note of the eye contact. Did she smile when you said “hi”. When you crack that joke, did she laugh? Is her responses to your questions or compliments showed enthusiasm? Try to read the body language. What did it say? Observe how she looks at you. If she likes you, she will hold it for a long time or pull right away if she doesn’t. But pulling away could also mean that she may just be nervous though she likes you. Try to glance at her and if she stares back at you then this means she likes you although she may quickly dart her head in a different direction. Take notice if she touches you more often than most friends do. You can be on the right track, if she finds excuses to do so but don’t assume that just because she isn’t touching you that she doesn’t like you. She may just be nervous yet.
4. Pop that question. “Hey, why don’t you come to the movies with me this weekend?” or you could say, “I heard about this movie showing this weekend, would you be interested to come with me?” Aside from movies, think of what she might be interested in. If she is interested, ask if she would like to see it with you.
5. Keep your cool if she says ‘No’. Remember to be always graceful in your responses. When she says no, say “no problem” or “okay” then follow it with “maybe some other time?”
Ask a girl out when nobody is around as the presence of others will stir pressure on her to say yes or no. When asking, try to look the girl in the eyes. Be direct in your approach and don’t be afraid of rejection. Ask her and don’t beat around the bush even if you are nervous. Don’t text or call by phone. Girls will admire if you show confidence which could increase your chances. Good luck!
If you are into her already and you can’t get her out of your head read this article on how to make a straight woman fall in love with a lesbian like you.
If you have other tips to contribute, let others know by posting a comment below.